Sunday, November 10, 2013

World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Step-by-Step)

I've posted this recipe before, but I've changed a few things and, I want to start adding step-by-step instructions and photographs to my recipes.  So, I'll be reposting a few recipes from time to time.
 
A good Chocolate Chip Cookie is my addiction. I can remember baking chocolate chip cookies for the first time by myself when I was in First Grade. In fact growing up, my sister and I use to bake a batch of cookies every Sunday after church. We called it "Cookie Sunday". Over the years I've tried 100's of chocolate chip cookie recipes searching for the best one, and this is it-crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside-Perfection!
 First, place shortening and butter into your mixing bowl.
 Beat it until it's nice and smooth. 
I find that if I use a Kitchen-Aid paddle I don't have to soften my butter, which is what I did here.
 Add brown sugar and beat it until the butter and sugar become one.
Like this:  nice and smooth - not gritty

 Add eggs
milk and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
 I like to add the baking soda and salt next because I feel like it distributes more evenly throughout the batter.  Meaning there is less chance you'll bite into a clump of salt.  That's always gross!
 Add the flour and mix.
 Last but not least, add the chocolate chips.
 I like to use semi-sweet, but you could use milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
 Excuse me while a sample. . . .Yummies!
 Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.  I use a cookie scoop, but you can use a big spoon.
Note:  If you want professional looking cookies, just roll them into a ball before cooking. They'll come out perfectly round every time.
 Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Let sit for one minute and then move the cookies onto a wire rack to finish cooling.

Grab some milk and enjoy!
 
WORLD'S BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
1 cup butter flavored shortening
1/2 cup butter
2-1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 tablespoons baking soda
1 tablespoon salt
2 cup chocolate chips (1 (12 oz.) bag)
Cream shortening and butter until nice and smooth.  Add sugar and beat until well incorporated. Mix in eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix in the baking sod and salt.  Add the flour and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment