Sunday, February 19, 2012

THE BEST-EVER GINGER COOKIES

STEP-BY-STEP PHOTO DIRECTIONS HERE

Years ago my friend, Lindsey, made these cookies for me. They were the best Ginger Cookies I have ever had!  I knew I had to have the recipe.  She graciously shared it with me, and these cookies have been a big hit with my friends and family since.  They are soft and chewy, in other words perfection!

THE BEST-EVER GINGER COOKIES

   2/3 cup vegetable oil
 1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
 2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
 1/3 cup white sugar

In a large bowl mix oil and 1 cup of sugar. Add egg, beat well. Stir in molasses, 2 cups flour, baking soda and spices. If necessary, add more flour to make a firm dough.               
                    Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll in 1/3 cup sugar, flatten slightly. Place 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven, 10 to 12 minutes or until tops crack. Remove from baking sheet and cool on rack.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment