Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Favorite Way To Cook a Turkey Breast

I've been baking away coming up with some delicious new recipes for Cookies for Santa.  I'll be posting these starting this Sunday.  Be sure to come back.  In the meantime I wanted to share my favorite way to cook a turkey breast.  Each year when turkey goes on sale, I like to stock up.
My family doesn't like dark meat so a turkey breast works well or us.  Plus it's the perfect size to fit in a slow-cooker.  This is my favorite way to cook a turkey.  It comes out moist and tasty every time.
Trust me, Low and Slow is the way to Go!

Slow-Cooker Turkey

small whole turkey or breast (whatever size will fit in your slow cooker)
salt and pepper
1 packet onion soup mix
1 can whole cranberries

Salt and pepper turkey allover.  Sprinkle and rub in onion soup mix, again all over.  Spoon cranberries on top of seasoned turkey.  Cover and cook on Low 7-8 hours or until fully cooked, or until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.  Remove from cooker (it will probably fall apart on you).  Carve and serve.


STEP-BY-STEP

 salt and pepper your turkey, I'm talking everywhere.  Inside outside, top and bottom.
However much you like according to your taste preferences.
 Sprinkle and rub-in the onion soup mix all over.  
 Forgive the blurry photo I think the Virgin Eggnog must have been kicking in.
Spoon the whole cranberry sauce over the top.  You can either cook your bird breast down or breast up - your preference.
 Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees+.
 Your turkey will probably be falling apart, which is just the way I like it.
Remove from the cooker
carve (or remove the meat from the bone) and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment