Sunday, April 29, 2012

Favorite Pancakes

I know this might seem like a silly recipe to post, but this blog is mainly for me to post my family's favorite recipes.  The one's we use all the time and like.  This way they will forever be online ready for when my kids move out and one day need them   Or for the day I need them.. . For example:  The other morning my girls wanted pancakes for breakfast (it had been months).  The recipe I thought I had memorized had completely left my mind.  I spent an hour combing through my recipe drawer (through 100's of recipes) until I finally found it!  Now it's on here for safe keeping, and maybe for you?

FAVORITE PANCAKES
1egg
1 cup of buttermilk (or regular)
2 tablespoons shortening, melted (or oil)
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix all together.  Pour batter onto greased griddle, on med heat.  Cook until bubbles form on top (about 3 minutes).  Flip, and cook until light brown.  Remove from griddle, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment