Thursday, March 19, 2009

MY FAMILY'S FAVORITE PORK CHOP

Have you ever had McCormick Bag 'n Season® Pork Chops? My husband grew up on them and they are requested often by my kids. The little packets aren't the cheapest things. Plus they are full of preservatives. So, I created a spice mixture that's pretty darn close to McCormick's. In fact, my family likes it better. :)
MY FAMILY'S FAVORITE PORK CHOP
1 T salt
1T sugar
1 T paprika
2 t cornstarch
1 t pepper
dash of garlic powder
and juice from half an orange

Mix dry ingredients together. Sprinkle over pork. Place in pan or slow-cooker. Squeeze orange juice over top. Add about 1/4 C water to bottom of pan. Cook covered until thoroughly done. Serve over rice drizzled with the drippings. YUM!
NOTES: I make up a jar full so I always have some on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment