Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Porridge

After having recently completed my second Whole30, and feeling better than I have in a long time, I've switched over to a paleo (for the most part) lifestyle.  I'm cleaning up a lot of my family's favorite meals, which I plan to post in the coming months.  I've also discovered a whole new lifestyle which includes new favorite recipes. ( I feel like I've had to relearn how to cook.)  I'll be sharing those as well.  And just in case you're wondering,  I'll still be posting the non-paleo, non-healthy stuff as well.  
First up is this egg porridge:
This is a paleo oatmeal or porridge.  I call it 'fakemeal' because it's not really oatmeal, but it sure taste like it.  I love this stuff and have it for breakfast quite often.  It's packed full of fruit and protein.  It really hits the spot especially when you're not eating grains.

Paleo Porridge
3 eggs
1 banana
1 tablespoon hemp hearts
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon coconut flour
dash (or two) cinnamon

Toppings:
milk
chopped nuts
shredded coconut
fruit 

Blend all ingredients together.  Cook in a greased skillet (I use coconut oil) until it reaches desired consistency.  Top with milk of choice, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, and fruit (optional-- but oh so good).



No comments:

Post a Comment