Thursday, January 1, 2015

Blueberry Coconut "Crepe"

Happy New Year.  This month I've decided to focus on some of my favorite healthy recipes.
The past month, I've changed my eating habits a bit while doing a Whole30, so I have quite a few new favorite recipes that are sugar-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and loaded with fruits and vegetables.
Eggs for breakfast have become my staple.  I use to not be an egg person (whatever that is), but now I look forward to my morning egg.  One of my favorite ways to eat eggs is to combine them with fruit.  In all my almost 40 years, I had never heard of doing this.  TRY IT!  It is delicious and not weird at all.  Scramble up some eggs with cut up pears or peaches.  It's delicious.  
This recipe is an egg "crepe" stuffed with blueberries and shredded coconut.  I used blueberry, but any berry would be good.  Try it and let me know what you think.
Blueberry Coconut Crepe

4 eggs
1 tablespoon coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/4-1/2 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon shredded coconut

In a small bowl, combine eggs and coconut milk.  In a greased (I used coconut oil) omelet pan or small frying pan, pour the egg mixture.  Cook the egg over medium heat.  Once the edges start to firm up, run a spatula under the edges and allow any extra runny parts to slip under the cooked egg.  Once the egg becomes sturdy, flip the egg over and allow that side to cook about a minute or two, until done.  Slide it out onto a plate.  Top with blueberries and shredded coconut.  Roll it up.
For added nutrition, serve with veggie of your choice. 

Yields 1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment