Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mock Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken

Dear Cafe Rio,
It appears as though I have a slight obsession with you (okay, who am I kidding?- a HUGE obsession with you).  I would marry you if I could, but since I can't I'll just eat your food. 
Sincerely,
You Biggest Fan

My sister-in-law Corinne shared this recipe with me.  She knows about my addiction  love for all things Cafe Rio.  This recipe is ridiculously easy.  You can use this chicken to make enchiladas, burritos, tacos, salad, nachos, whatever tickles your taste buds.

The best part of this recipe, besides the amazing taste, is it cooks in the slow cooker.  I live for slow cooker meals during the summer.
Slow Cooker Meals = 
1. A cool house because the oven didn't heat it up
2. Dinner is ready and practically waiting after a long crazy day of playing in the sun.

Mock Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken
2 lbs chicken
1 (16 oz.) bottle Italian salad dressing
1 (oz.) packets Ranch salad dressing mix
2 gloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin

Place chicken in slow cooker.  In a medium-size bowl, mix together remaining ingredients to make a sauce.  Pour sauce over chicken.  Cook on low 4-6 hours or High 3-4 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink.  Remove chicken from cooker.  Shred chicken using two forks.

STEP-by-STEP
 Place chicken in slow cooker (I'm using 14 chicken tenderloins).
 In a bowl mix Italian dressing
 Ranch dressing mix
 2 garlic cloves minced
 1 tablespoon chili powder
 and 1 tablespoon cumin together.
Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cook on low 4-6 hours or on High 3-4 hours or until done.
Remove from cooker and shred using two forks.

NOTES:  I like to serve with Cilantro Lime Rice and Tomatilla Dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment