Sunday, June 10, 2012

Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe in the Food Nanny's book. These are the tastiest cookies ever!  I think the coconut and oatmeal really make these cookies the perfect texture!  You have to give these a try!

Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats (I use Old Fashioned)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat butter, sugars, and eggs in a large bowl for 1 minute.  Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.  Add to the butter mixture and blend well.  Stir in the oats and vanilla.  Stir in coconut and chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet and bake until lightly browned (10 minutes).  Remove and cool.

NOTES:  Whenever I use a cookie recipe that calls for ALL BUTTER (no shortening), I always scoop my dough into balls and then refrigerate until firm (1-2 hours).  Then I remove just the amount for 1 cookie sheet, while leaving the rest in the fridge until I'm ready for the next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment